Posted on

Current Delivery status of orders and a dodgy bt phone system

The current waiting time from order to despatch is about a week. This may vary dependent upon the varieties ordered so please advise on substitutions wherever possible.
For those trying to phone the nursery it has come to our notice that a BT exchange fault has led to our incoming calls being diverted since the 11th of May, hopefully this will be resolved in the next day or so but it has led to problems contacting the nursery. The upshot of this fault is that we may be without internet access on site for a week once the line fault is cleared and email will be dealt with in the evenings rather than during the day as currently takes place. We are sorry for any inconvinence that may have been caused by the incompetence of BT and hope to resolve the situation as soon as possible.

Update 1/7/2012

All orders have now been completed and our phone system is now back to full working order.

Posted on

Propagation in full swing

We are currently propagating Dahlia plants for all our customers. As things stand we have only 1 variety that has cause for concern out of the many hundreds of varieties we are growing, this variety is Ivors Rhonda. The substitute for this variety will be either Vino or William Gregory.


Posted on

The green shoots of a new season

Well the first shoots are appearing in the stock greenhoses as i write this, we are currently putting the Dahlia tubers into their heated beds and boxes ready for the coming season. Initial signs are good with a large number of our tubers showing growing points about to jump into life. Finally myself and the staff would like to wish all our customers a Happy New Year.

Posted on

December Jobs with the dahlias

Now all the tubers have dried it is time to put them to bed for a few months, those fibourous tubers with little size may need to be started in to growth sooner rather than later. For storage we reccomend a polystyrene box into which we place the tubers then a covering of compost or peat before putting in a frost free place until early March.